Abstract test preparation
Our abstract test preparation products:
Why should you prepare for the abstract reasoning test?
Solving an abstract reasoning test question which requires you to recognise the rule behind the transformation of shapes in a series, you may feel you are being asked to rely on your ‘intuition’. In fact, there are many models and patterns of transformation rules between shapes, which means that you need to be able to quickly scan your memory to apply a suitable pattern to the specific question based on your previous experience.
As you have add more models and patterns to your memory and as your ability to match the right one to a question increases, so do your chances of succeeding in solving these types of questions. Through completing repetitive exercises and learning transformation principles you will increase the number of models and pattern types you are familiar with. The more you learn and practice, the more you are likely to quickly find a suitable model for a question or recognise a different version of a model.
Why our abstract test preparation is unique
IPC UK’s abstract reasoning test preparation solutions were developed by organisational psychologists with years of experience working with employers in the development and adminstering of psychometric tests. Our abstract reasoning practice tests and course are based on popular abstract reasoning tests used by the major employers.
We are unique in offering a wide range of abstract reasoning test preparation solutions to suit your needs. You can take our short online abstract reasoning course, practise online abstract test questions, receive advice from one of our psychologists on how to improve your abstract reasoning skills, and participate in a psychometric test workshop. All solutions are designed to be short and concise but still deliver all you need to succeed in your actual abstract reasoning test.
Our unique easy to follow online abstract reasoning test course allows you to spend longer on specific logical models or rules that you may find more difficult, and offers you the option to keep repeating lessons until you master them. You can take the abstract reasoning course and test from the convenience of your home, or from anywhere with a broadband Internet connection.
receive unlimited access to a large number of abstract reasoning tests designed to match the level of difficulty and verbal reasoning skills required in the job you applied for
- test questions are based on real tests used by blue-chip companies
- get personalised and detailed reports with your test results and feedback on your relevant strengths and weaknesses
- get answers to all test questions with detailed explanations for the correct responses
- reports include a detailed explanation of what employers will learn from your specific test result about your work suitability.
In as litle as 2 to 3 hours you can complete the IPC UK’s short, practical online abstract reasoning course. It wil take you step by step through all the necessary knowledge and skills you need to complete the abstract reasoning test with flying colours.
This course includes:
- easy-to-read explanations about the types of abstract reasoning questions and the models, patterns, shapes and transformation rules you need to know to solve each question type
- example abstract reasoning test questions and detailed answer explanations. Practising these sample questions will prepare you for the types of questions you'll get when taking the actual abstract reasoning test
- practical test-taking strategies and techniques on how to crack the abstract reasoning test.
Click for course preview
Work closely with our psychologist to learn about your work suitability and identify areas where you can improve your skills relevant to the job you applied for.
Read more about personal coaching
Psychometric test workshops
Our psychometric test workshops are run by experienced organisational psychologists. With the option of either a one- or a hal-day workshop you are quaranteed to receive personalised, comprehensive psychometric test preparation.
Read more about psychometric test workshops